Updated for Cataclysm – Check out the Level 85 Tanking Enchants
So you’re level 80 and getting all those nifty gear upgrades. Now you just have to decide what to enchant them with! Here, I will break down some options for level 80 tanking enchants.
Level 80 Weapon Tanking Enchants
Let’s start with our weapon. This piece of gear has many options depending on what you prefer.
- Titanium Weapon Chain – CHEAP – Increases hit raiting by 28. The beauty with this one is that it’s pretty cheap. You can often find this enchant for under 50g.
- Enchant Weapon – Accuracy – VERY EXPENSIVE – Likely to be one of the primary tanking enchants, this one grants 25 hit and critical strike rating. Be ready to shell out some serious cash for this one for now.
- Enchant Weapon – Exceptional Agility – DECENT PRICE – Grants 26 Agility, a great avoidance enchant.
- Enchant Weapon – Mongoose – CHEAP – We’ll see if this old favorite can maintain it’s luster at level 80.
- Enchant Weapon – Titanguard – Not too expensive, yields a nice HP boost.
- Enchant Weapon – Blade Ward – Fairly Pricey – This enchant is very interesting. No internal cooldown, and the proc can stack up to 5 times. The jury is still out as to just how good this is.
- Enchant Weapon – Blood Draining – Fairly Pricey – Another interesting enchant, a heal when you drop below 35%? Hmmm…
Level 80 Shield Tanking Enchants
For your shield, you basically have 3 options.
- Enchant Shield – Tough Shield – 18 shield block value, a Burning Crusade enchant, won’t likely stack up to wrath enchants.
- Enchant Shield – Mighty Stamina – 35Stam – NOT IN GAME YET – Will be nice if/when it is added
- Enchant Shield – Defense – FAIRLY CHEAP – 20 defense rating, good for getting to the magic 540.
- Titanium Plating – FAIRLY CHEAP, ADDED PATCH 3.0.8 – 40 Shield Block Value, Blacksmithing created Item
Level 80 Head Tanking Enchant
Time to grind out some faction for your head enchant!
- Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector – Revered with Argent Crusade – 27 Stam and 20 defense rating
Level 80 Shoulder Tanking Enchant
More faction work!
- Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle – Exalted with Sons of Hodir – 20 dodge and 15 defense
- Lesser Inscription of the Pinnacle – Honored with Sons of Hodir – 15 dodge and 10 defense
- Master’s Inscription of the Pinnacle – If you have the Inscription profession – 52 dodge and 15 defense
Level 80 Leg Tanking Enchant
Find a leatherworker!
- Frosthide Leg Armor – 55 Stam & 22 Agi
- Jormungar Leg Armor – 45 Stam & 15 Agi
- Dragonscale Leg Armor – If you are a leatherworkder – 72 Stam & 35 Agi
Level 80 Foot Tanking Enchant
Only 1 real option here
- Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality – 15 Stam & Minor Run Speed improvement
- Enchant Boots – Greater Fortitude – 22 Stam
Level 80 Wrist Tanking Enchant
Now you wish you were a leatherworker!
- Enchant Bracers – Expertise – 15 expertise rating
- Enchant Bracer – Major Stamina – Added in patch 3.0.8, +40 Stamina
- Fur Lining – Stamina – If you are a leatherworkder – An amazing 90 Stamina
Level 80 Hand Tanking Enchant
Hand enchants offer a few more options depending on your personal preference.
- Enchant Gloves – Armsman – 2% threat and 10 parry rating
- Enchant Gloves – Expertise – A cheap enachant for 15 expertise rating
- Enchant Gloves – Precision – Also cheap for 20 hit rating
- Enchant Gloves – Crusher – A little more pricey for a flat 44 attack power
Level 80 Cloak Tanking Enchant
- Enchant Cloak – Titanweave – 16 defense rating
- Enchant Cloak – Major Agility – A bit pricey for 22 Agility
- Enchant Cloak – Superior Agility – Much cheaper for 16 Agility
- Enchant Cloak – Mighty Armor – 225 armor