I plan to do an ongoing comparison of the various enchants that are available for armor, looking at them from both threat as well as survivability points of view. The first enchants I am going to look at are glove enchants.
The following are the typical glove enchants that a tank would be interested in.
For survival, I lean towards pure stamina in the Knothide Armor Kit, but Superior Agility is nice from an avoidance point of view as well.
1. [item]Heavy Knothide Armor Kit[/item] 10 Stamina Thanks Azhokgra!
2. [item]Formula: Enchant Gloves – Superior Agility[/item] 15 Agility
3. [item]Glove Reinforcements[/item] 240 Armor
4. [item]Vindicator’s Armor Kit[/item] 8 Defense
5. [item]Formula: Enchant Gloves – Greater Agility[/item] 7 Agility
Finally there is the 2% Threat enchant which I favor over the above in most circumstances.
[item]Formula: Enchant Gloves – Threat[/item] +2% Threat
Of course if by some chance you are looking for a pure DPS enchant, you would want to get the +15 Strength enchant, Enchant Gloves – Major Strength.
Addendum Nov 10, 2008 – With the changes from patch 3.0, the +15 STR enchant is an excellent option. We’ll see when we reach level 80 if glove enchant options chang!