Patch 2.3 is now up on the PTR and the patch notes are now available. Here is the upcoming list of changes for Warriors in 2.3:
- Charge will work more often when targets are up against unpathable areas like walls and poles.
- Defiance (Protection) now also grants 2/4/6 weapon expertise.
- Devastate (Protection) now combines the effects of Sunder Armor into its effect. It is also now affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor.
- Disarm is now subject to diminishing returns in PvP.
- Improved Berserker Stance (Fury) now also reduces all threat caused while in Berserker Stance by 2/4/6/8/10%
- Improved Intercept and Weapon Mastery have swapped locations in the talent trees.
- Intervene will no longer place you in combat.
- Hamstring now has a 10 second duration when used on PvP targets.
- Mace Specialization (Arms) now has a reduced chance to occur but generates 7 rage instead of 6.
- Pummel: Interrupting a channeled spell with this ability will now always properly prevent casting spells from the same spell school for 4 sec.
- Shield Bash: Interrupting a channeled spell with this ability will now always properly prevent casting spells from the same spell school for 6 sec.
- Shield Slam (Protection) now always tries to dispel one Magic effect on the target.
- Sweeping Strikes and Deathwish have swapped locations in the talent trees.
- Sweeping Strikes (Fury) now lasts 10 seconds and affects your next 10 swings.
- Tactical Mastery: This talent also now grants greatly increased threat from Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst when in Defensive Stance.
- Weapon Mastery (Arms) now reduces duration of Disarm effects against you by 25/50% rather than giving you a 50% chance to avoid or full immunity to Disarm effects.
- Whirlwind: This ability now strikes with both weapons when a Warrior is dual-wielding.
Both of these changes should help our threat generation quite a bit! I look forward to these changes.