Since Patch 2.2 went live on Tuesday there has been a flurry of information flying around about upcoming class changes in 2.3. Warriors (and tanking) are no exception! Here is a run down of the changes that are said to be coming for Warriors:
- Yes, we do plan to reduce the chance for Mace Specialization to occur in patch 2.3, but it will provide 7 rage instead of 6. (Bornakk)
- We also plan to have healing reduction effects affect all drain spells and abilities. As the example that most people bring up, Mortal Strike will affect Drain Life. (Bornakk)
- While arms/fury warriors aren’t meant to be as good as protection warriors at tanking, we do plan to make an additional to Tactical Mastery that may help them out. This talent will grant greatly increased threat from Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst when in Defensive Stance. (Bornakk)
- It may also simplify things a bit to when we make Devastate combine the effects of Sunder Armor into it’s effect and be affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor. We plan to make this happen in 2.3. (Bornakk)
- The Arms talent Weapon Mastery is going to be significantly changed. Instead of providing 50/100% chance to avoid Disarm effects, it is going to reduce the duration of Disarm effects by 25/50%. The reason for this is that having full immunity with this talent really took the idea of disarming out of the game and we want it to be more viable. (Bornakk)
Several changes in there directed at PVP, but there are some nice tanking changes coming too in allowing Arms/Fury tanks better threat generation as well as the combined effect of Devastate. The Devastate change will be very nice!